“hi, I’m not from the US” ask set
given how Americanized this site is, it’s important to celebrate all our countries and nationalities – with all their quirks and vices and ridiculousness, and all that might seem strange to outsiders.
1. favourite place in your country?
2. do you prefer spending your holidays in your country or travel abroad?
3. does your country have access to sea?
4. favourite dish specific for your country?
5. favourite song in your native language?
6. most hated song in your native language?
7. three words from your native language that you like the most?
8. do you get confused with other nationalities? if so, which ones and by whom?
9. which of your neighbouring countries would you like to visit most/know best?
10. most enjoyable swear word in your native language?
11. favourite native writer/poet?
12. what do you think about English translations of your favourite native prose/poem?
13. does your country (or family) have any specific superstitions or traditions that might seem strange to outsiders?
14. do you enjoy your country’s cinema and/or TV?
15. a saying, joke, or hermetic meme that only people from your country will get?
16. which stereotype about your country you hate the most and which one you somewhat agree with?
17. are you interested in your country’s history?
18. do you speak with a dialect of your native language?
19. do you like your country’s flag and/or emblem? what about the national anthem?
20. which sport is The Sport in your country?
21. if you could send two things from your country into space, what would they be?
22. what makes you proud about your country? what makes you ashamed?
23. which alcoholic beverage is the favoured one in your country?
24. what other nation is joked about most often in your country?
25. would you like to come from another place, be born in another country?
26. does your nationality get portrayed in Hollywood/American media? what do you think about the portrayal?
27. favourite national celebrity?
28. does your country have a lot of lakes, mountains, rivers? do you have favourites?
29. does your region/city have a beef with another place in your country?
30. do you have people of different nationalities in your family?